Friday, July 11, 2014

Adventures in Gardening: Color Makes a Difference?

So here's something weird. I planted 4 jalapeno plants in pots and put them on my front porch. The 2 in red pots are healthy and gorgeous:

but the 2 in black pots are dying. I'm guessing the black gets too hot?

I had 1 more red pot so I repotted one of the plants to see if it will recover:


The other one I moved to a spot that doesn't get quite as much direct sun:

I will either post updated pictures next week or report that they died, whichever is applicable.

3 comments:

Average Jane said...

That is weird. Your hot pot theory is probably sound.

I'm in the process of trying not to kill my gardenia plant. It wasn't happy inside so I moved it outside where it got immediately sun bleached. However, it's growing new leaves, so I'm hopeful.

Lisa said...

ooh, this is an interesting experiment!

whirlygirly said...

Damn it, "Hot Pots" would have been a better title for this post!